If you think that email clients like Gmail or Outlook can only be configured and used for their own email services, then you are wrong. Outlook and Gmail are two of the most powerful email clients available out there. And both of them can be configured with each other.
However, there are quite a lot of users who want to use Gmail with Outlook. If the same goes for you, too, then the question is how to configure outlook with Gmail?
How to use Outlook with Gmail
If you are wondering the same, then in this article We will be answering this question only.
So here we go:
Set up the Google email service
It does not matter if you want to configure Outlook with Gmail on your phone or computer, the first thing that you need to do is configure Google’s email service. So Google will allow you to download emails to an external program.
For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- For this, you will need to log into your Gmail account. Then from the Gmail dashboard, you will have to click on the Settings icon and go to settings.
- From the settings, click on the Forwarding and POP / IMAP tab. Then go to the POP Download section. Over here, check the box next to the item Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- When messages are downloaded via POP drop down menu, you have to select keep a copy of Gmail in your inbox. So that messages downloaded through Outlook are not deleted from Gmail servers.
- After that, you will need to go to the section IMAP access option and place a checkmark next to the Enable IMAP option and then click on the save changes button located at the bottom.
How to use Outlook Windows/ Android/ IOS with Gmail?
On Windows 10:
- At first, launch the Mail app from your Windows 10 computer.
- Then click on the Add Account button.
- Next, you have to select Google.
- After that, it will ask you to sign in. So use your Gmail address and password to login to the app.
- Once logged in, you will be able to use Gmail from your Windows 10 computer
On Android and iOS:
- First of all, download the Outlook app on your Android or iOS device.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- After that, tap on “Add Google Account” option.
- Then use your Google credentials to log in to the app.
- Once you are done adding your Account, the Outlook app will take a few seconds to fetch emails from your account, and you are done.
Final Words on OutLook and Gmail:
So that was all for your question that says how to configure Outlook with Gmail. So go ahead and check the steps out and see if they are working out for you or not. Also, if there is anything you would like to ask, then do feel free to drop a comment below.